I had been thinking for quite a while now to post a cake recipe. But the main reason I didn't do so far was because, I hadn't baked one for about a month now. Not because of anything else.. But with the New Year and all, I was thinking on reducing the calorie intake. You know !!
But I couldn't hold out for long. As always, New Year resolutions are meant to be broken ;). So I just found out the perfect excuse and the apt reason for me to bake one :D It was the birthday of three of my darling friends Iman, Pallavi and Lavanya on yesterday, day before and last Saturday.. Yes, we all are part of the same gang who used to hang out together for every breakfast, lunch and tea on weekdays. Quite a co-incidence na that the birthdays are so close !! And yes, we all love foooooodd... So here is it, a dedication from me to you guys ;) So here is my all time favorite dessert, moist chocolate cake which I had with a scoop of ice cream. Trust me, they tasted heavenly
Recipe Source : Maria's Menu
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C for 10 minutes before baking
- Grease your cake mould with butter and keep aside
- In a pan mix together milk, butter, oil & coco powder and heat in a medium flame till the butter melts. Then allow it cool to room temperature
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and sugar
- Add the beaten egg followed by the cooled wet ingredients to the flour mix
- Beat it using a beater till its mixed well
- Pour the batter into the greased cake mould and bake for 35-40 minutes @ 180 C or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Substitution for Self Raising flour
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
Salt - ¼ tsp
They look heavenly(and of course mouth watering). How about sending it over here ?
And thanks for the dedication :)
Anytime darling :)ReplyDelete
Kalakuringale Chitra.. engayo potinga !! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks Prabhu :)ReplyDelete
You named it absolutely right, it is ultra moist and i need a tissue, yep drooling effortlessly ;-) It looks more like a browny!!ReplyDelete
That is very sweet of u to dedicate the cake to the gang, you know what are we without friends, right!
Yes Pavithra.. It looked like a brownie.. But was super moist.. Yeah, u said it, we r not us without our dear friends :)Delete
This cake looks lovely and so delicious.ReplyDelete
Chitz Have you collected the Liebster award from me? Thanks.
Thanks dear :)Delete