Wednesday 23 January 2013

Pineapple Delight

Pineapple Biscuit Pudding


Colorful, cheery looking dessert :D, rite ?? This was yet another favorite childhood snack of mine. I was not much a fan of biscuits or fruits back then. But this pudding used to set my spirits high. And I still don't remember where my mom got this recipe from, but her making them and me and my sis ogling at it is still etched in my memory. My mom used to save the cream which she got from boiling milk everyday. And when it was of a considerable amount for the pudding, we would have a pudding day !! Wow.. I simply love those days. 

This one is definitely easy to make and requires no cooking. So if you want to try out some  new dessert for your weekend party, here goes the recipe.



I Took: 30 minutes

Serves: 4-5 servings


I Used:

Pineapple         -  ½ a medium sized one 
Sugar               - ¼ cup
Marie Biscuits   -  16 nos
Cream             -  300 ml
Cashew nuts     -  15-20 nos               
Almond            -  15-20 nos
Pista                -  15-20 nos
Glazed Cherry  -  To decorate

The Way:


Prep Part:

  1. Cut pineapple into square pieces, preferably around the same width as that of the biscuits.
  2. Mix the sugar and water in a pan and boil till the sugar melts. Add the pineapple pieces to the sugar solution and keep for a while for the pineapple to absorb in the sweetness.  
  3. You can ignore the above 2 steps and use tinned/preserved pineapples
  4. Chop the nuts finely using a knife or a blender.

Assembling Part:

  1. In a pudding dish, line the pineapple pieces. 
  2. On top of it, line the biscuits after dipping them in the sugar solution. Use the sugar solution used for the pineapple or the sugar syrup in the tinned pineapples.
  3. Add cream on top of that and sprinkle in the nuts.
  4. Repeat the above order and decorate with chopped cherries on top.
Refrigerate the pudding for about 2 hours. Serve cold :-)
Slice out a full portion of pineapple-biscuit-creamy nuts and enjoy the treat.

Cheers,
Chitz

4 comments:

  1. Perfect use of humble Marie biscuit!!
    Yaar Chitz, please make some more "No Cooking Recipes" when you get time, I would love to learn some!! Handy & Perfect when there is no time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by !! I am really happy that you take time to let me know how you feel :-)