Friday 21 June 2019

Mango Chia Seed Pudding | Chia Mango Pudding | Mango Chia Pudding Recipe


This is one dish that regularly makes it's appearance during summer. I love chia pudding and that too only with mangoes :D Last year when I made this and was trying to take pictures for the blog while Dhruv was sleeping. Just when I had the whole setup ready and clicked 2-3 pics, he woke up and came. And was not ready to part with the pudding. He was smirking and grinning that he sabotaged my set up and was happily having the pudding. Yes, my little one too loves this :) So this year I made it while he was away at school and clicked leisurely ;) And evening we both enjoyed having this.. It is best served chilled ! Usually it's quite sunny in Chennai. But day before yesterday when I clicked this it was quite gloomy. And yesterday it rained for about 10 minutes. This is the first rain of the year and it feels good too as there is a little relief from the scorching heat :)

Check out the other Mango recipes here if interested.. 



Makes: 1 cup


I Took: 

Preparation Time: 5 mins


I Used:


Mango - 2 sides of 1 big banganapalli
Chia - 3 tbsp
Milk (boiled & cooled) - 1 ½ cup
Honey (any sweetener) - 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp


The Way:


1. Take the chia seeds in a bowl. Add milk to it. Use milk that is boiled and cooled

2. Now add sweetener of choice. I added honey



3. Then add vanilla essence if using and mix well

4. Cover the bowl and leave it refrigerated for minimum 2 hours. Leave it overnight if possible



5. Next for assembling the pudding, peel a ripe mango and rinse it with water. Then cut into small bite sized cubes

6. In a serving glass, now layer the pudding with alternate layers of mango slices and the bloomed chia 

7. Garnish with pomegranate or cherry or nuts or raisins of your choice



Serve chilled !

Notes:


  • You can customize the pudding the way you want. You can layer it with mango puree instead of mango pieces
  • You can add a layer of rice flakes or granola to make it more healthy & wholesome
  • If the mangoes are sweet enough you wouldn't need any sweetener
  • You can also add in seeds like hemp, melon etc and nuts like almonds & dry fruits of choice
  • You can go for another fruits like strawberries or chikoo as well but personally I favour mangoes :)
Cheers,
Chitz

2 comments:

  1. Definitely one of my favourite summer desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. chia seed powder bulk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by !! I am really happy that you take time to let me know how you feel :-)