'Tat ta da' day - When you mix this and dash in dat and sprinkle those, you get a yummly recipe. Yes, it was that kind of day today. Wanted to eat something other than the usual 'rice and curry and stir fry' combo lunch. I was in a great mood for something spicy and cheesy and non-veggie. And there I was browsing and browsing and browsing... But none seemed satisfactory for my spice buds. That's when I thought, come on... lemme mix and dash and sprinkle ;)
For the Spicy Green Dip:Sesame seeds : 1 tbsp
Coriander : 5 sprigs
Mint : 3 sprigs
Green chilly : 2 nos
Ginger : a quarter inch piece
For the Shrimp:Shrimp : 50 gm
Garlic : 1 pod
Lime juice : 1 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Pepper powder : 1 tsp
Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt : As needed
Wheat Tortilla : 1 (U can use any tortilla)
Olive Oil : 3 tsp
Onion : 1 (chopped - medium sized)
Parmesan Cheese : As needed
- Grind together ingredients under 'For the Spicy Green Dip'
- Place the shrimp in a bowl. Marinate it with the ingredients under 'For the Shrimp' and allow it to stand for 30 minutes
- Then cook the marinated shrimp with a little of water, until done
- Heat a pan on medium high. Add olive oil
- As it heats up, add onion and saute till translucent. Add the cooked shrimps to it and toss around till dry
- Warm the tortilla in a tava
- Now to assemble the quesadilla, place the tortilla. Sprinkle with the grated cheese. Distribute the spicy green dip on top of the cheese. Add the shrimp mixture to it.
- Now place this in the tava until it is nicely toasted and the cheese begins to melt
- Roll it over and serve with tomato sauce or the spicy green dip
Roll looks perfect Chitra:)ReplyDelete
Thanks Siri :)Delete
Ooooh Quesadillas! I have never made one on my own. I don't trust myself around with certain things and cheese is one of them ;) Love the shrimp and green dip combo :)ReplyDelete
You should definitely try them once Priya :) Cheese is quite an easy ingredient !!Delete
Thanks Sharanya :)Delete
Very tempting quesadilla dear...:)ReplyDelete
Happy to join your space,Thanx for dropping by mine & joining too!!
Please do Participate & win e gift vouchers in Flavors Of Cuisines-"Chinese"
Thanks Julie :) Sure.. will participate in your event :)Delete
temtpting quesadillas. thanks for following me .ReplyDelete
Thanks dear :)Delete
How did i miss this 'five star' looking recipe. It looks damn good!ReplyDelete
I have tried quesadilla only once in my life, in a mexican restaurant & never liked it because it was too spicy for me, in fact I could see water gushing from my nose ;-), Messy me!
And after that, never ever went back to that Mexican restaurant.
But your's looks like a worthy try at home, as always I will replace the shrimp with probably roasted bread chunk i guess.
Go ahead mam then :) Yup, when we make these Intl recipes at home, we can twist it to suuit our taste buds :DDelete
Great recipe Chitz.. Haven't tried quesadilla yet and am looking forward to trying this soon.. Bookmarked it :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks Nilu :) Lemme know how it turns out !!Delete