Today's recipe is very simple and very quick to make. As the name suggests, it is a 1 minute microwaved mug cake. As it is a 1 minute cake, the quantity is less. So if you are a cake person whose cravings are difficult to satiate, I guess you would have to microwave 3-4 cups at a go ;) But this is a quick fix recipe for those sudden hunger pangs or craving callings. Today was one such day when I wanted to have a cake. I know this mug cake is best with chocolate, but I didn't have cocoa powder in my pantry, hence had to feel contented with the vanilla version.
The best part is that, it looks like DD fell in love with this cake. He was coming back from his encounter with his toys every now and then for a nibble. When I wiped the ramekin clean, he leaned over and took a nice look at it. Made sure, it was empty and then returned back to his toys :D :D I feel I have a cake lover son. That thought does make me very happy indeed :D So, this recipe is to many more cake testing and eating together with my DD :) :)
Other Cake Recipes:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
Serves : 1 person
|All purpose flour/Maida||-||2 tbsp|
|Baking powder||-||¼ tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||-||3-4 drops (As much as you prefer)|
2. Add the wet ingredients to it and mix them well. The sugar should dissolve completely.
3. Now transfer the contents to a microwave safe ramekin or mug or glass.
4. Set the oven to microwave setting at the highest temperature for 1 minute. I set to 900 W.
5. Bake them. Check after a minute if a tooth pick inserted comes out clean or is without moisture. If not keep for a few more seconds according to how much the cake is moist at that point.
- If you let them sit for long, they become hard or rubbery. If you need to serve it later, transfer to another cup or serving dish
- I doubled the measurements and made, as my ramekin is bigger in size. Hence I microwaved for 2 minutes