Friday 11 May 2018

Watermelon Popsicle Recipe | Easy Watermelon Popsicle Recipe | Kids Special Summer Recipe


As I am drafting this recipe, it's my little one's reaction on seeing the popsicle that comes to my mind. He kept on jumping saying "ice-cream, ice-cream".. Popsicles are so easy to make and so refreshing in this summer heat right :) And when you make popsicles out of watermelon and likes, it is easy to up the little one's water intake who is otherwise very hesitant to drink water :( Here I have added just a tsp of honey to the pureed watermelon to make this pops. If you like a tangy flavour add little lemon juice as well. Maybe you can make it more colourful by sneaking in a slice of kiwi or lemon as well :) In the pics the colour seems a little pale coz they were snapped right after taking out of the freezer. After a while they turned bright red !


I Took: 

Preparation Time: 10 minutes


I Used:


Watermelon (cut into cubes) - 2 cups
Honey - 1 tsp (optional)
Lemon juice - 1 tsp (optional)

The Way:


1. Roughly chop the water melon into cubes. Remove the seeds and take them in a blender jar

2. Grind them. Add honey if using (if the watermelon is sweet enough you can omit them) and again give a quick blend


3. Pour the puree into popsicle moulds so that they are 3/4 full

4. Freeze them in refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours

5. After 8 hours de-mould them gently (can show under tap water while de-moulding) and enjoy !


Cheers,
Chitz

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by !! I am really happy that you take time to let me know how you feel :-)