As I am drafting this recipe, it's my little one's reaction on seeing the popsicle that comes to my mind. He kept on jumping saying "ice-cream, ice-cream".. Popsicles are so easy to make and so refreshing in this summer heat right :) And when you make popsicles out of watermelon and likes, it is easy to up the little one's water intake who is otherwise very hesitant to drink water :( Here I have added just a tsp of honey to the pureed watermelon to make this pops. If you like a tangy flavour add little lemon juice as well. Maybe you can make it more colourful by sneaking in a slice of kiwi or lemon as well :) In the pics the colour seems a little pale coz they were snapped right after taking out of the freezer. After a while they turned bright red !
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
|Watermelon (cut into cubes)||-||2 cups|
|Honey||-||1 tsp (optional)|
|Lemon juice||-||1 tsp (optional)|
1. Roughly chop the water melon into cubes. Remove the seeds and take them in a blender jar
2. Grind them. Add honey if using (if the watermelon is sweet enough you can omit them) and again give a quick blend
3. Pour the puree into popsicle moulds so that they are 3/4 full
4. Freeze them in refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours
5. After 8 hours de-mould them gently (can show under tap water while de-moulding) and enjoy !