Wednesday 31 January 2018

Instant Jowar Dosa | Cholam Dosai | Jowar Dosa Recipe | Sorghum Dosa Recipe


I am a breakfast lover.. Are you? I wasn't one until a few years ago. But slowly as I started experimenting many food and started understanding and liking food, I understood the importance of having a full tummy breakfast and the variety of option that we can have and make for a good brekkie ! There used be a whole year and a half in my life where I constantly had toasted bread with honey and nutella for breakfast ! I myself am surprised now at how I managed to have that same breakfast without getting bored :D 

Now with my little one at my heels, I am in constant search for healthy, wholesome and quick to make breakfasts which is good and tastes great for both me and my little one's taste buds :) This is one such option. I bought the Jowar flour from Big Basket when they had put up an organic products sale. It is very easy to make them and very healthy too and my little one loves it (for now ;)). He has it as such without any sides but I like to spice them up with a gravy and this time I paired it up with some leftover Kohlapuri chicken from the previous day's dinner ;) So if you are like me and would like to try new healthy breakfast options, here is the recipe for you :)


Recipe Source: Here


Preparation Time : 5 minutes

Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes


Makes : 5-6 dosas


I Used:


Jowar Flour/Cholam Maavu - 1 cup
Rice Flour
Cumin Seeds
-
-
½ cup
¼ tsp
Onion - 1 medium sized chopped
Green Chilly - 1-2 nos
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - As Needed
Oil - As Needed
Water - As Needed


The Way:


1. In a bowl add Jowar flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, chopped onions, chopped green chillies, torn curry leaves and salt and mix well

2. Add water and make a thin batter. The batter should be watery like that for rava dosa or neer dosa

3. Heat a dosa griddle or pan. Smear a tsp oil and pour the batter. Add little oil along the sides and on top of the dosa. Allow it to cook

4. Then flip over the dosa and allow it to cook. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and serve hot 


Notes:

  • The batter should be runny and watery
  • You can also add some chopped coriander leaves and cashews as well in the batter if you like

Cheers,
Chitz

2 comments:

  1. Once we have kids, we try our level best to be the role models that we were never before... hehe... the crepes look really good... I am also like your little one, I don't want anything to eat my crepes with, unless it is something like neer dosa... hehe... but the girls want to dip theirs in at least some chutney, HD genes there... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by !! I am really happy that you take time to let me know how you feel :-)