Butter Beans sauteed in onion & Indian Masala
'Man proposes, but God disposes'.. Wanted to post something on the sweeter side, as my dearest mom turned a year older today. Had planned on a good dessert, but somehow it didn't turn out as I expected. It tasted well. But the texture did not come out correctly & hence when I presented it on the plate to take out some snaps, it was all wobbly gobbly. Ahh, I shouldn't be talking much on this now.. Maybe coz my mom is on a super duper diet & not much into sweets now a days, this could be what you call a hell of a coincidence. Effects of cosmic karma :P Now I should totally stop !!! Many more happy returns of the day my dearest mom :D ;) So here I go, posting yet another simple, healthy recipe that she passed on to me..
Lentils & legumes..There must be hardly any, who hate them totally. The lentil/legume stir fry or curry is an essential part of my diet & it appears at least three times a week :) Only the overnight soaking part comes as a difficult thing to remember, else it is very easy to prepare these protein stuffed health goodies. As the last few posts had been very elaborate & time consuming, here I go with a simple one..
Recipe from Ma
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- Soak butter beans in enough water overnight
- Pressure cook the soaked beans with salt and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add clove and cinnamon
- When it starts to splutter & give out the aroma, add the onions. Saute till it starts to turn colour
- Add ginger garlic paste to it. Saute till the raw smell goes off
- Now add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala & salt. Adjust the quantity of salt accordingly, as the butter beans is already boiled with salt
- Toss in the boiled beans. Give a nice mix and allow it in stove for a few more minutes for the masala to be coated well with the beans
- Garnish with coriander leaves